As the largest nonprofit provider of hospice and advanced illness care in the region, Capital Caring Health is there for patients and families 24/7 – even during times of crisis. The Emergency Relief Fund provides critical resources to Capital Caring Health to cover the additional expenses that arise during these difficult times. From pandemics like COVID-19 to natural disasters, Capital Caring Health is there to serve the most vulnerable members of our community.
How a gift to the Emergency Relief Fund helps families during COVID-19:
- Nutrition assistance with meals for patients and caregivers who cannot leave their house;
- Emergency children’s hospice and pediatric program needs;
- Providing Meaning Making Kits for families of pediatric patients at no cost to preserve handprints and footprints of their loved one;
- TeleHealth to provide virtual visits, grief support, music therapy, and other Capital Caring Health services to help patients and families;
- Additional supplies that are needed to keep employees and families safe during a crisis;
- Primary Care at Home Vital Sign Kits to help keep patients out of hospitals;
- Grief support and mental health services for those affected during the crisis; and
- Implementing Patient Care Fund resources to care for additional patients during the crisis who are unable to pay.
For questions about the Emergency Relief Fund, please contact Audrey Easaw, SVP of Philanthropy, Communications & External Affairs at email@example.com.